What is Consultagene?
An online, multimedia platform that provides educational resources, tele-genetic counseling, peer-to-peer consultation and genomic testing interpretation. By combining educational resources in the form of videos and web-based resources with online scheduling for a virtual consultation, we aim to provide answers to genetic health concerns at a time and place that works best for the client. All our services are provided through a portal designed for convenience and simplicity. Our goal is to connect the client with the right information and the right experts who can provide solutions.
Who is Consultagene?
As a product of the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics at Baylor College of Medicine in collaboration with Baylor Genetics, Consultagene leverages the intellectual capital of the department's faculty, 180 members strong, and healthcare providers. This group includes the following:
What are the Goals of Consultagene?
- To empower clients and providers in search of genetic information or counseling
- To connect clients with genetic counseling services
- To provide the best care possible by making personalized healthcare information more accessible
- To improve patient-centered care
- To promote collaborative care among physicians
- To provide a world class user experience with mobile device compatibility
- To provide a state-of-the-art bioinformatics and medical pipeline for clinical genomic interpretation